HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week. The BT may be required to work flexible hours, including early mornings,
evenings and weekends. Contract ending March 31, 2020 (with possibility of extension).
Moose Factory, ON
The BT may travel within the region and be required to work in a variety of environments (e.g.:
center-based, school, home, day care) depending on the child/families’ needs.
Minimum $20.14 to maximum $25.15 per hour; Salary commensurate with education and
January 8, 2019 – noon or position will remain open if not filled.
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca, as part of the North East Ontario Autism Program, requires
Behaviour Therapists to support the provision of and directly provide behavioral services to
children and their families in the Ontario Autism Program, under the supervision of a Senior
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or diploma in Human Services
• Post graduate autism certificate preferred
• Six (6) months related work experience in behavioural intervention for children with autism
• Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; knowledge and experience in training
• Knowledge in use of video equipment and evaluation tools
• Current CPR/First Aid certification
• Training in crisis intervention would be considered an asset
• A valid Ontario driver’s licence and use of a reliable motor vehicle
• Ability to be insured under the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy
• Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector search
Hands TheFamilyHelpNetwork.ca is an equal opportunity employer and we value the
importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Hands offers
accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted
by Hands regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #1444-18 to:
Human Resources Department
391 Oak Street East
North Bay, Ontario P1B 1A3