Web Analytics

Steep spike in coronavirus cases for Six Nations ahead of provincial re-opening

OHSWEKEN — Six Nations is reporting a significant coronavirus outbreak with 53 new active cases reported Tuesday evening. Over the last 7 days 45 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed by Ohsweken Public Health. On Feb 6, 22 people were confirmed as active positive cases among residents on Six Nations. Two more were identified each on

OHSWEKEN — Six Nations is reporting a significant coronavirus outbreak with 53 new active cases reported Tuesday evening.

Over the last 7 days 45 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed by Ohsweken Public Health. On Feb 6, 22 people were confirmed as active positive cases among residents on Six Nations. Two more were identified each on Feb 6 and Feb 7. An additional 11 positive cases were confirmed on Feb 9.

Nearly 150 people were in quarantine last week, according to sources with SNGR. Two people have died due to the coronavirus on Six Nations since the beginning of the pandemic.

Six Nations now has one of the worst current COVID-19 outbreaks in the province with 209 cases per 100,000. Toronto currently has 142 cases per 100,000.

Neighbouring Mississaugas of the Credit has 2 active cases. In the surrounding region Brantford and Brant County are reporting 27 active cases and Haldimand Norfolk is reporting 50 active cases.

Three more people have died in the city of Brantford due to the coronavirus.

A man and a woman in their 50s were both hospitalized and died due to the virus. Another victim, a man in his 90s, was not hospitalized.

This bring the total number of deaths in Brantford and Brant County to 12. Three people are in hospital.

Ontario says the provincial state of emergency is expiring but are extending stay at home orders for most of the province.

Premier Doug Ford made the announcement saying Toronto, Peel and York lockdowns are extended to February 22.

In all other areas of Ontario, the lockdown is extended to February 16.

The province will then have to reconsider whether or not to reopen or extend the lockdowns in those regions.

Six regions in the province, including Kingston and Prince Edward County will transition to reopening as planned on February 10.

Ontario says there are 1265 new COVID-19 cases and 33 new deaths.

Share this Article!

The Staff

The Staff

Updates and reports by the Two Row Times Staff, send your inquiries to info@tworowtimes.com

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply
 width=

Headquarters:


Oneida Business Park Suite 124
50 Generations Drive, Box 1
Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0
Six Nations of the Grand River Country


Email: info@tworowtimes.com


Main office: (519) 900-5535


Editorial: (519) 900-6241


Advertising: (519) 900-6373

Most Recent Articles

Share this Article!

Two Row Times

Two Row Times

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE