I have lots of family who have gardens, so I kind of just wait for handouts from them. So I want to give them gifts that show my appreciation but are useful. No lame gloves or a silly sun hat!
Good Gift Giver
Dear Good Gift Giver
What a great Ask Kitty question! So thoughtful. I suggest a lovely sun hat and some gloves! Just kidding. Although they are great gift ideas, you are wanting something more in-depth as suggestions.
Here are a few lovely, thoughtful, possible gifts:
- How about a handmade basket for harvesting from the garden?
- A sharpener for clippers, scissors etc.
- A small filing box for putting seed packs in
- A pail with strings, sticks and markers to lay out their garden
- Some cute garden markers (store bought or handmade)
- Garden diary
- Garden books for drooling over
- Subscriptions to a fun gardening magazine
- What about a garden apron that you personalize?
- Garden stool or knee pads
- Personalized watering can
- Maybe a few packs of seeds you collected yourself
I hope these ideas are helpful. I am so very touched by your appreciation of the gardeners in your life.
Happy Gift Giving,