Arrows continue season with five games left

The Iroquois Lacrosse Arena opened its doors on Thursday, June 20 to allow the Six Nations Arrows to host the Barrie Lakeshores after their loss to the Oakville Buzz the week prior.

The first period allowed the Arrows to take a fast lead, as Owen S. Hill scored six seconds in and Kevin Owen Hill buried three minutes later.

One goal was returned by the Lakeshores, but this was immediately shut down with goals from Chase Scanlan and Jeremy Bomberry.

This opened the second period 5-1, as the Arrows allowed one goal to get by in the beginning before opening a barrage of consecutive goals.

Isaiah Skidders and Hodowas Smith buried singles while Owen S. Hill broke through for a double.

This opened another slight in the third period as the Lakeshores were left with too high of a deficit to bite into. The Arrows quickly put away three more as Tehoka Nanticoke, Jamie Dilks and an unregistered player wearing #8 earned singles.

The Lakehores answered just one more time for the rest of the game, while the Arrows racked up two more from Chase and Clay Scanlan to finish the game 13-3.

Three days later, the Arrows went to Whitby to match with the Warriors.

The first period gave way to two goals for the Arrows by Kevin Owen Hill and Tehoka Nanticoke before the Warriors could muster one answer.

This gave the initial lead to the Arrows, who went on to start the second period with three goals from Tehoka Nanticoke, Jackson Reid and a short-handed bury by Chase Scanlan.

The Warriors answered once before Tehoka Nanticoke went for his third of the gave and Chase Scanlan his second. The game went back and forth as the Warriors buried three in between more goals by Tehoka Nanticoke, Chase Scanlan, Kevin Owen Hill and Jackson Reid.

This began the third 9-4 for the Arrows, who didn’t hold up as Travis Longboat and Chase Scanlan earned singles at the start.

But the Warriors went on to bury five consecutive goals in a row, which ate at the lead. But with a minute left, Jeremy Bomberry scored unassisted. This allegedly angered the Whitby Coach who gave Lakeshores #32, Ian McKinnon the nod to punch Tehoka Nanticoke in the helmet. The score sheet states that McKinnon was given a two minute roughing penalty, but the Arrows Twitter says that McKinnon was ejected with 47 seconds left.

This ended the game a closer 12-9.

After two more away games in Whitby and Brampton, the Arrows will host their next home game at 7 p.m., on Sunday, June 30 within the ILA.

Related Posts