Chiefs earn two wins and rematch the Lakers

By TRT Staff with notes from

SIX NATIONS — On June 23, a 8-9 score against the Peterborough Lakers was delivered to the Six Nations Senior ‘A’ Chiefs. Since, the Chiefs have made moves to reignite a winning streak.

On Tuesday, July 4, the Chiefs went on to defeat the Brampton Excelsiors 11-4
The Excelsiors opened up the scoring in the first period with two unanswered goals. Gaining their footing, the Chiefs got on the board in the second period, when Cody Jamieson buried from a Randy Staats pass, followed by Liam LeClair earning another 35 seconds later to tie the game. Charlie Scanlon gave the Chiefs their first lead of the night, from an Austin Staats feed. The Chiefs built on their lead as Austin Staats put one away, then gave Randy Staats a feed for another.

The Excelsiors finally answered but Thompson regained the two-goal Chiefs lead converting a Randy Staats pass 46 seconds later. Jamieson scored his second of the period just 10 seconds after serving a penalty and Austin Staats earned his second goal of the game.

In the third period, Wes Whitlow scored before the Excelsiors answered, and Thompson increased the Chiefs lead with a pass from Austin Staats. Shayne Jackson put another one away from Wes Whitlow, and Randy Staats earned his second of the game. This finalized the score at a steep 11-4 for the Chiefs.

The following night, a closer game was had with the Brooklin Lacrosse Club at the Iroquois Park Sports Complex.

Austin Staats broke scoring, burying a single just 16 seconds in from Shayne Jackson. Jackson then earned his own moments later. Continuing to set the tone, Lyle Thompson converted a pass from Eric Fannell.

A single was earned on the powerplay for Brooklin, before the Chiefs answered with Sam LeClair scoring on the following Chiefs powerplay. LeClair went on to score once more before the end of the period from Randy Staats.

Brooklin got on the board first in the second period, but Eric Fannell answered back from from an Austin Staats pass minutes later. Brooklin put another one away, but Sam LeClair answered, unassisted, 28 seconds later. This brought the game to 7-3 for the Chiefs.

In the third period, Brooklin scored a power-play goal, but Tyson Bell answered in transition from Ty Logan. Randy Staats earned another, while Brooklin played catch up for the rest of the period, earning three consecutive goals.

Tender Warren Hill helped block further goals, and Brooklin was kept at bay 9-7 for the Chiefs.

On Tuesday, July 11, the Chiefs had the opportunity to rematch the Lakers at the Iroquois Lacrosse Arena, too late for reporting in this issue of Two Row Times.

Related Posts