Gas leak forces evacuation

BRANTFORD — A construction crew accidentally cut a natural gas pipeline in Brantford’s north end on Tuesday morning, resulting in the evacuation of local residents.

City officials confirmed the line was severed at the intersection of Brantwood Park Road and Dunsdon Street. Brantford Fire, Police and Union Gas responders were on the scene to assist with the emergency.

Local residents were evacuated and some advised to shelter in place. The city later updated saying the area had been cleared by emergency responders and residents were allowed to return to their homes at around 1:00 p.m..

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *