A Section 22 Order, under the Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA), R.S.O. 1990, c.H.7 has been issued by Dr. Shanker Nesathurai, Medical Officer of Health of the Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit to all residents of Norfolk County and Haldimand County.
You are hereby ordered to take the following actions. Residents of and visitors to Norfolk County and Haldimand County are not permitted to
- Use or access any open space, including parks, trails, piers, beaches, community gardens, or other open spaces usually accessible to the public, whether publicly or privately owned;
- Useoraccessofanyoutdoorrecreationalequipmentnormallyaccessibletothe public, whether privately or publicly owned, including playground equipment, outdoor fitness equipment, and sports fields or sports amenities, such as tennis courts, BMX parks and skate parks;
- Use private outdoor amenity spaces or equipment unless use is solely by persons who reside at the property;
THE REASON(S) for this ORDER is that:
- There is the potential for transmission of the COVID-19 virus among residents in and visitors to Norfolk County and Haldimand County.
Therefore, based on the reason(s) noted above, I am of the opinion, on reasonable and probable grounds that:
- a communicable disease exists or may exist or there is an immediate risk of an outbreak of a communicable disease in the health unit served by me;
- the communicable disease presents a risk to the health of persons in the health unit served by me; and
- the requirements specified in this order are necessary in order to decrease or eliminate the risk to health presented by the communicable disease.
FAILURE to comply with this Order is an offence for which you may be liable, on conviction, to a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for every day or part of each day on which the offence occurs or continues.