West Nile detected

BRANTFORD — Health officials in Brant County are warning residents after a mosquito pool tested positive for West Nile virus in the village of St.George.

This is the first West Nile positive pool in the region.

The West Nile virus can be transmitted to humans after mosquitos feed on the blood of birds carrying the virus. While most people do not become sick, it can cause severe illness in people with underlying conditions.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *