Six Nations Minor Briefs, November 11, 2015

Novice’s come back to tie 3-3

The one o’clock minor hockey matchup on Sunday at the Gaylord Powless Arena had the Southern Counties Six Nations Novice Cs facing off against the Twin Centres, and recorded a come-from-behind tie game with Chaz Hill’s second goal of the game scored with 2:03 remaining to earn a single point for the 3-3 tie.

Twin Centre held a 2-0 first period lead, but Six Nations’ Chaz Hill started the comeback from Mace Anthony and Jozey Jacobs. TC got that one back 10 seconds later for a 3-1, second period lead.

Six Nations came back strong in the third with goals by Averee Sault and Hill to claw back a point with the 3-3 tie. Crosby Anderson earned two assists.

Atoms win 4-1

Six Nations Atoms took the 2 pm game 4-1 in a well-executed outing against the Twin Centres Atoms. Davin MacDonald put Six Nations ahead less than a minute into the game from Asher Martin. There was no scoring in the second, but in the third, Asher scored an unassisted marker, which was answered by Cameron Butler with TC’s only goal of the game.

Mace Anthony left his equipment on following the Novice game to fill in with the Atoms and scored Six Nations third with under two minutes remaining. Marc General put the game on ice with 9 seconds remaining for the 4-1 win.

PeeWees win 1-0

The third game of the afternoon saw the Six Nations PeeWees protect a 1-0 lead for a shut-out win. The only goal of the game was scored by Blair Green in the first period from G.W. King and Zach Johnson. Marly Montour earned the shut out in the Six Nations’ goal.

Midgets tie St George 3-3

In the Midget game later in the afternoon, two goals by Trever Longboat and Davin Whitlow all in the second period, gave them a strong lead heading into the third period. But that is where the visiting St. George Generals began chipping away at the Six Nations lead. Shawn Donaldson scored back-to-back goals, both assisted by James Sharp, and Patrick Donahue. Six Nations evened the score at 3-3 with 2:33 remaining. Cody Summers made two game saving stops as time ran out to prevent a Six Nations loss.

It was another enjoyable afternoon at the Gaylord Powless Arena watching Six Nations teams show their stuff.

Related Posts