BRANT COUNTY – The County of Brant is reopening community centres and arenas beginning September 8, 2020.
“We have been working closely with the Brant County Health Unit to carefully plan the community centres’ re-opening,” said Kathy Ballantyne, Director of Parks and Facilities for the County of Brant. “We know many people in the community are excited to use the community centres, arenas and resume activities like skating and hockey.”
Re-opening dates include:
- Brant Sports Complex re-opens on September 8, 2020
- Burford Community Centre re-opens on September 18, 2020
- South Dumfries Community Centre re-opens on September 21, 2020
- Scotland Community Centre will resume some recreational programming after Thanksgiving weekend.
Information will be shared in the near future regarding the reopening of Syl Apps Community Centre.
“Health and safety protocols have been put in place to ensure the well-being of the community,” said Ballantyne. “Protocols include the use of face coverings, physical distancing markings and additional hand sanitizing stations.”
Other safety protocols include:
- Dressing rooms will be available and will have the limited capacity posted.
- Users will be able to access the facility 15 minutes prior to the rental period.
- A limit of one spectator per participant will be in place to ensure the maximum capacity is not exceeded.
- Snack bars will not be re-opening at this time, but vending machines will be available.
“The customer service desk and facility booking office at the Brant Sports Complex have been prepared with barriers so that we are able assist with customer needs. Facility ambassadors will also be on hand for the first couple of weeks in the evening to answer questions and direct customers upon arrival,” said county officials in a statement.
“Recreational skating schedules are being finalized and sessions will begin after Thanksgiving. An online recreation guide will be posted in late September that outlines additional details.