BRANTFORD — Police say a male and female are facing drugs and weapons charges after a disturbance in the area of Diana Avenue and Blackburn Drive.
On May 14, Brantford officers responded to a dispute where one male pointed a gun at another person. Police brought in the K9 unit and searched the home during the investigation on a Criminal Code warrant and found illicit psilocybin mushrooms, cocaine and hydrocodone with a total street value exceeding $10,000.
Officers also seized two loaded handguns.
The male, Shyheim SLOWLY-BAILEY, 26, of Toronto, has been charged with the following Criminal Code offences and was held for a bail hearing:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm x2
- Point firearm
- Uttering threats to cause death
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose x2
- Careless storage of firearm x2
- Careless use of a firearm, weapon, ammunition
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with ammunition x2
- Tampering with serial number of firearm
- Carry concealed weapon
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm x2
The female has been identified as Jade ZECCA-MARTINS, 26, of Brantford, is also facing the following drug related charges:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule I, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act – Cocaine
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule I, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act – Hydrocodone
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule III, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act – Psilocybin
Anyone with information on drug-related activities is asked to contact the Street Crime Unit of the Brantford Police Service at 519-756-0113 ext. 2286.
Tipsters who wish to remain anonymous are asked to contact Brant- Brantford Crime Stoppers at 519-750-8477 or 1-800-222-8477.