Electrical overload cause of house fire

OHSWEKEN – Six Nations Fire and Emergency Services are reminding homeowners on the territory to be cautious not to overload their electrical systems after an electrical fire in Ohsweken yesterday.

Emergency crews arrived at the home on Bicentennial Trail Monday evening to find the home filled with smoke.

Firefighters found an overloaded electrical outlet to be the cause of the fire.

Power to the home was shut off.

No injuries or major damage to the home was sustained.

Residents looking for more information on electrical safety in the home can go online to www.esasafe.com.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *