Web Analytics

Electrical overload cause of house fire

Electrical overload cause of house fire

OHSWEKEN – Six Nations Fire and Emergency Services are reminding homeowners on the territory to be cautious not to overload their electrical systems after an electrical fire in Ohsweken yesterday. Emergency crews arrived at the home on Bicentennial Trail Monday evening to find the home filled with smoke. Firefighters found an overloaded electrical outlet to

OHSWEKEN – Six Nations Fire and Emergency Services are reminding homeowners on the territory to be cautious not to overload their electrical systems after an electrical fire in Ohsweken yesterday.

Emergency crews arrived at the home on Bicentennial Trail Monday evening to find the home filled with smoke.

Firefighters found an overloaded electrical outlet to be the cause of the fire.

Power to the home was shut off.

No injuries or major damage to the home was sustained.

Residents looking for more information on electrical safety in the home can go online to www.esasafe.com.

Share this Article!

Nahnda Garlow

Nahnda Garlow

Nahnda Garlow is Onondaga under the wing of the Beaver Clan of Six Nations. Nahnda has been a journalist with the Two Row Times since it's founding in 2013. She is a self-proclaimed "rez girl" who brings to the Two Row Times years of experience as a Haudenosaunee cultural interpreter, traditional dancer and beadwork aficionado. Nahnda is a member of the Canadian Association of Journalists and the Native American Journalists Association.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply
 width=

Headquarters:


Oneida Business Park Suite 124
50 Generations Drive, Box 1
Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0
Six Nations of the Grand River Country


Email: info@tworowtimes.com


Main office: (519) 900-5535


Editorial: (519) 900-6241


Advertising: (519) 900-6373

Most Recent Articles

Share this Article!

Two Row Times

Two Row Times

LIVE NOW! CLICK TO VIEW.
CURRENTLY OFFLINE