In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Two Rivers Community Development Centre through assistance provided by the Government of Canada, is taking action to ensure that Aboriginal business owners impacted by Covid-19 have access to the support they require. The Covid-19 Loan Program is designed as an emergency measure to support small business owners in meeting
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Two Rivers Community Development Centre through assistance provided by the Government of Canada, is taking action to ensure that Aboriginal business owners impacted by Covid-19 have access to the support they require.
The Covid-19 Loan Program is designed as an emergency measure to support small business owners in meeting their immediate cash flow needs. These funds are not intended to replace or duplicate government or other bank/lender emergency financing available to businesses in Canada.
Maximum financial assistance: $40,000 comprised of 75% loan, 25% is non-repayable provided the loan is repaid in full by Dec. 31, 2022. The maximum amount of eligible funding to a business will be as follows:
- Annual revenue under $100,000: $ 10,000
- Annual revenue between $100,000 to $200,000 $ 25,000
- Annual revenue greater than $200,000 $ 40,000
- Interest free
- Payments deferred up to December 31, 2022, the balance of the loan will be repayable over a maximum period of 36 months
- Loans are open – allow early repayment without penalty
- Priority will be given to current and former clients, number of employees impacted and businesses of strategic importance to the community
- Established prior to March 1,2020
- Large community-based business/organizations/projects are not eligible, a separate program is expected to be announced
- Due to the size of the industry and our limited funding, businesses whose primary activity is the manufacturing or distribution of tobacco products are not eligible
- A short assessment will be completed by Two Rivers staff, we will strive to get funds into the client’s bank account within 3 days of receiving a completed application.
Eligible Business Costs:
- Funds can be used for operating expenses, these include, but are not limited to the following: payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, regularly scheduled debt service requirements.
- Small and medium-sized businesses that have received some funding but have operating expenses in excess of the support already received from a bank may also apply.
- Funds may not be used for any other uses such as; prepayment/refinancing of existing indebtedness, payments of dividends, distributions and increases in management compensation
The Covid-19 Emergency Loan Account will be unsecured.