Harvesting your garden, winterizing your yard, preparing the kids for back-to-school, Thanksgiving and Halloween can all make autumn a busy season for families.
Our Fall Bucket List and 10 Fun Fall Family Activities from Six Nations Health Services can provide a much needed boost to your emotional, physical and mental well-being. Try them out, post your photos to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tag them #healthyrootshealthyharvest to win a free Healthy Roots apron!
Fall Bucket List
Visit a pumpkin patch
Go apple picking
Pick from the garden
Visit a corn maze
Go for a hike
Roast pumpkin seeds
Have a bonfire
Go on a wagon ride
10 Fun Fall Family Activities
1. Create a fall scavenger hunt for things in your own backyard or park.
2. Rake leaves into a giant pile & jump into them, you can also build forts out of the leaves.
3. Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and go apple picking with your family.
4. Make a scarecrow or haunted house for a fun fall decoration.
5. Make a trip to the local pumpkin patch for some fall activities. Most have fun corn mazes and other activities.
6. Play a game of pickup football or lacrosse in the yard.
7. Get in the garden, harvest veggies & prepare the garden for winter.
8. Go for a hike in the bush. You can also go to the local conservation area. Dundas Valley is beautiful in the fall.
9. Have a backyard campout. Remember to dress warm for the cool fall nights.
10. Bake homemade treats with your family for all to enjoy…YUMMY!!!