Welcome, this is the Daily GRRR, Two Row Times edition. I’m your host Lucho Granados Ceja, coming to you from territory of the Haudenosaunee – Six Nations.
This is the inaugural broadcast of the Two Row Times edition, where will you bring you a selection of news produced by our editorial team. The Two Row Times is multimedia news outlet, led by our flagship newspaper, The Two Row Times is North America’s largest circulation Indigenous weekly newspaper, available every Wednesday in Haudenosaunee territories from Kanasatake to Akwesasne to Tyendinaga and Six Nations. It is also available in the Indigenous communities of Oneida, Munsee-Delaware, and Chippewa Thames, as well as surrounding cities such as Brantford, Caledonia, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, and more.
The Daily GRRR! is a project of the Grand River Media Collective; and is supported by the Community Radio Fund of Canada and CKMS.
We begin with headlines.
HEADLINES for September 18, 2014
1. Men’s fire to close Hwy #6 in protest for MMIW
2. Six Nations Chiefs Win Mann Cup
3. Local Artist Derek Miller brightens spirits with grassroots efforts
4. Jada’s Journey of hope and healing
5. Atonhetsheriyo Permaculture workshops set to begin on Saturday
6. #AMINEXT? New campaigns highlight struggle for MMIW
7. Prominent Canadians launch new partnership initiative with Indigenous people
Originally posted at http://trti.me/daily-grrr-tworow-edition